New Bentley

  • kiwikid_1
  • kiwikid_1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
10 Nov 2017 03:51 #9406 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 created the topic: New Bentley
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Pierre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 06:41 #9407 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: New Bentley

kiwikid_1 wrote: New Bentley :cheer:


Great to see that it's not too dissimilar to the current model.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 13:02 #9414 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: New Bentley
Maybe its just the way the media pics were shot but the car looks a bit slimmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 14:28 #9415 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: New Bentley
Is it just me or do GT3 cars age quickly? I remember when the SLS came and it was just awesome, yet just 5 years later when the new AMG replaced it, it looked like a fossil. It's the same with Bentley. The old car still looks great but next to the new one it's a no contest.

Progress I guess...
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 14:29 #9416 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: New Bentley

Richo wrote: Maybe its just the way the media pics were shot but the car looks a bit slimmer

I need to find that photographer ;)

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kiwikid_1
  • kiwikid_1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
10 Nov 2017 16:41 #9418 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: New Bentley

maverick wrote:

Richo wrote: Maybe its just the way the media pics were shot but the car looks a bit slimmer

I need to find that photographer ;)


No photographer is THAT good :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 16:56 #9419 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: New Bentley

kiwikid_1 wrote:

maverick wrote:

Richo wrote: Maybe its just the way the media pics were shot but the car looks a bit slimmer

I need to find that photographer ;)


No photographer is THAT good :evil:


:cheer:

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 17:42 #9420 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: New Bentley

kiwikid_1 wrote:

maverick wrote:

Richo wrote: Maybe its just the way the media pics were shot but the car looks a bit slimmer

I need to find that photographer ;)


No photographer is THAT good :evil:


:lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 17:46 #9421 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: New Bentley

James3592 wrote: Is it just me or do GT3 cars age quickly? I remember when the SLS came and it was just awesome, yet just 5 years later when the new AMG replaced it, it looked like a fossil. It's the same with Bentley. The old car still looks great but next to the new one it's a no contest.

Progress I guess...


I know what you mean, maybe its just a faster progression in regards to car design these days where in older times cars took longer to evolve asthetically but now things are speeding up with the new models coming out. And this is based on the roadcar design because that is the base for each car before its turned into a racecar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2017 11:18 #9431 by CP
CP replied the topic: New Bentley
The areo treatment looks similar to its four ringed Deutsche cousin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • StueyB83
  • StueyB83's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • GT-Report.com
More
28 Nov 2017 11:41 #9656 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: New Bentley

Richo wrote:

James3592 wrote: Is it just me or do GT3 cars age quickly? I remember when the SLS came and it was just awesome, yet just 5 years later when the new AMG replaced it, it looked like a fossil. It's the same with Bentley. The old car still looks great but next to the new one it's a no contest.

Progress I guess...


I know what you mean, maybe its just a faster progression in regards to car design these days where in older times cars took longer to evolve asthetically but now things are speeding up with the new models coming out. And this is based on the roadcar design because that is the base for each car before its turned into a racecar.


The revised and mostly open rulebook for GT3 tech has allowed them to arm-up technically in this generation over the last few generations.

Mostly because older GT3 cars had to be made from a road-car that had made it part way down the assembly line - and new cars are now built from an empty shell - so the 2016 spec cars most certainly made last gen very dated - this includes the Bentley and the Nissan.

The Aero progression has also certainly helped - lots of though into front bumpers, splitters - and the rear bumpers aren't as enclosed as they once were - hell of a lot of mesh infills and rear diffusers being beefed up.

But even the trivial bits like headlight tech make a visual difference too.

Mech Eng. & Scribe for GT-Report.com

For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2018 21:24 #10843 by JFinken
JFinken replied the topic: New Bentley
Some photos. Quite an impressive upgrade. The largest diffusor I have seen on a GT3 car.

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, mayhem, Pierre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Miguel
  • Miguel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • GT REPORT
More
15 Feb 2018 09:18 #10851 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: New Bentley
That diffusor is a spare part from the Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo that was rejected (I kid, of course).
The following user(s) liked this post: JFinken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum