• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Oct 2017 10:31 #9064 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Formula 1
Ferrari having a shocking fortnight.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2017 10:29 #9214 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: Formula 1
Great to see a kiwi back in F1. For how long I'm unsure but lets hope its for awhile

More
24 Oct 2017 17:07 #9223 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Formula 1
Hartley did well. Perhaps not a spectacular race day result just looking at the sheets, but he kept it clean and brought it home (including in wet practice sessions). Mark Hughes says he actually looked quite good on analysis:

www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/how-good-was-hartley

And the team evidently agrees, because they're pairing him with Gasly in Mexico! So long Kvyat it seems.

More
17 Nov 2017 11:03 #9521 by Pierre
This was assumed to be the case, but it's now official. Hartley a Toro Rosso driver in 2018. What a journey for him from Red Bull testing, then into the deep wilderness, to the top levels of prototype racing and finally back into F1.

More
17 Feb 2018 20:13 #10863 by Pierre
2018 designs are starting to land.

More
17 Feb 2018 20:13 #10864 by Pierre
Enjoying some of the fan analysis coming out of reddit.

Haas comparison to last year:

Willams / Haas comparison:

Williams approach to minimising the visual impact of the halo:

More
24 Feb 2018 09:53 #10921 by velly4
velly4 replied the topic: Formula 1
Bring on 2018. I hope the Renault and Sauber go as well as they look. Both beautiful looking.

Looks like our tipping competition is going ahead again this year.
www.f1-tips.com

More
24 Feb 2018 11:52 #10922 by Pierre
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing RB14 (testing livery)

Alfa Romeo Sauber C37

Renault Sport RS18

Mercedes-AMG Petronas W09

Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

McLaren MCL33

More
23 Mar 2018 13:50 #11108 by Pierre
First Melbourne practice session wrapped up, and I'm stoke have F1 back. And I don't want to let one little niggle ruin the show... but those onboard shots with the halos. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Horrible.

More
25 Mar 2018 19:23 #11119 by Pierre
A better race than expected. Just like last year, it was looking like Mercedes on Saturday, but a strategy failure put the Ferrari in front. Still looking a bit status quo on the whole though, and it's looking like Lewis bringing home a 5th championship this year. I know it's stupidly early to be talking making that call, but 4 years of Mercedes dominating the current regs will do that.

Hugely impressive showing from Haas, who were unbelievably both let down by improperly attached wheels. (And it was a different wheel for each car.)

McLaren nicely up there with Renault power, and Toro Rosso only had one Honda fail. Baby steps!

And of course a fantastic recovery from Ricciardo. He was closing in on that podium, but ultimately ran out of laps.

More
29 Mar 2018 15:03 #11130 by johnh875
johnh875 replied the topic: Formula 1
Yes it seems the status quo from last year has resumed, including it being hard for the cars to get close enough to pass on track. Hamilton said he didn't try for the win to preserve the engine which is a sad indictment on the state of F1 racing regardless of whether Hamilton was fooling himself that he had a chance. Certainly he dropped back in the last few laps. I'm not sure that Ricciardo could have passed Raikkonen - again the overly-aero-dependent cars strike again!

I don't think I will be that disappointed that most of the races will be broadcast as highlights only.

More
16 Apr 2018 19:46 #11200 by Pierre
So that wasn't a bad race, I guess.

What a reward for those mechanics. A full engine replacement with one minute to spare before quali, so Dan managed to start P6 instead of the back of the grid. Throw in a perfect safety car, two surgical double-stacked pit stops, and Max losing his cool, and the honey badger steals another one he had no business winning. Awesome.

Some highlights for those who missed it:

First double stack pit: streamable.com/x2iu7

2nd double stack under SC, the race winning play: streamable.com/7psgx

Outbraking Kimi (no DRS): streamable.com/f4rsl

Big dive on Hamilton from absolutely nowhere: streamable.com/uiwgw

Even bigger dive on Bottas for the lead: streamable.com/qhaxr

Throwin' the shaka streamable.com/yvy2j

Radio: streamable.com/9v52y

Shoey: streamable.com/pniug

More
17 Apr 2018 14:32 #11202 by johnh875
Great to see Dan win the race, I wasn't expecting it after the qually dramas - as you say all credit to the team for their recovery. Thanks also to Mad Max for getting rid of some of the opposition too, but mostly down to great strategy taking advantage of the safety car.

I wonder is the Shanghai hairpin the tightest corner outside of Monaco? It looked like the cars were getting down towards 60 km/h at the apex.

More
14 May 2018 09:28 #11281 by GeeEmm
GeeEmm replied the topic: Formula 1
I watched the live timing for the Barca race, disappointed that Dan lost a chance at a late surge through a mid-race spin, following the VSC. Up to then he had been pacing Max nicely, and clearly his tyres were in good shape with a couple of fastest laps in the closing stages, so he came away with a trifle, rather than a spray of champers. The Bulls certainly have some race pace, and are easy on their tyres, but oh for some more grunt ...

More
14 May 2018 11:56 #11283 by Pierre
I fell asleep midway through this one. No thanks to the Euro races starting an hour later this year - Spain was the first of them to start at 11.10PM AEST. Indeed a shame for Dan; he wasn't that hot in the early stages, but really came alive on the fresh rubber.

It was Hamilton's first flawless round of the year, giving us that old sinking feeling as he disappeared into the sunset.

More
16 May 2018 09:27 #11296 by johnh875
Amazingly poor work by Grosjean.

More
16 May 2018 13:34 #11299 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: Formula 1
He's gone back to the 2012 Romain hasn't he?

On the Ricciardo-contract front, things have gone suspiciously quiet. Gives me a feeling that a deal just might have been done...

More
20 May 2018 18:18 #11311 by GeeEmm
GeeEmm replied the topic: Formula 1

johnh875 wrote: Amazingly poor work by Grosjean.

Brain fade does not do justice to the stupidity of deliberately spinning the car across the track, in an impenetrable cloud of tyre smoke, in front of a charging pack ... should have got a race ban. The up side is that surely now Haas will drop him for 2019, maybe young Leclerc could graduate to a higher ranked seat?

Yes James, I see him signing for RBR soonish, the lack of rumours about a Ferrari or Merc deal suggest that (as he is on record saying) he hasn't talked to other teams (yet).

I wonder if he is waiting on the team to announce whether it is staying with Renno, or betting the house on Honda. And which way his preference may lie ...

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds