2017 VASC.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Nov 2017 19:55 #9425 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?

PremierV8 wrote: I live in Newcastle and just had a drive around (the only parts opened) of the new track and looks good. I did hear a small rumour a while ago of a 6 hour that may be in the future. Not sure what type of racing. I think this would be a fantastic race track for the Australian GT's. wonder if a GT's could do a 6 hour race. This would be very exciting.

A 6 hour race for GT cars on a street circuit would be welcomed by the flat bed operators.
I'd be shocked mate if there was a lot of nodding heads for it from the teams, car owners and AGT.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2017 22:37 #9426 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?

maverick wrote:

PremierV8 wrote: I live in Newcastle and just had a drive around (the only parts opened) of the new track and looks good. I did hear a small rumour a while ago of a 6 hour that may be in the future. Not sure what type of racing. I think this would be a fantastic race track for the Australian GT's. wonder if a GT's could do a 6 hour race. This would be very exciting.

A 6 hour race for GT cars on a street circuit would be welcomed by the flat bed operators.
I'd be shocked mate if there was a lot of nodding heads for it from the teams, car owners and AGT.

Being a Novacastrian myself, I would love to see Aus GT here, but as I said in another post, I really can't see it happening. (Would love to be proven wrong though) I just hope the Formula Thunder 5000 car makes an appearance in 2 weeks time. That would be a sight and sound around Newie. ;)

More
23 Nov 2017 16:05 #9591 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?
Enjoying Craillsy's Newcastle feed today.

More
24 Nov 2017 10:05 #9599 by CP
CP replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?

James3592 wrote:

maverick wrote:

Being a Novacastrian myself, I would love to see Aus GT here, but as I said in another post, I really can't see it happening. (Would love to be proven wrong though) I just hope the Formula Thunder 5000 car makes an appearance in 2 weeks time. That would be a sight and sound around Newie. ;)

Just imagine the historic Formula 5000s around there. The gentrifiers of the East End would love that.

The only thing that would make the Newcastle race better for fan access would be if they kept the rail line and station to Civic.

More
24 Nov 2017 12:19 #9601 by Pierre
First practice is live. The whole facility looks great.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Nov 2017 06:44 #9609 by maverick
Well my first thoughts on the track is that it's mostly single file with very limited overtaking spots which saw very few passes.
Disappointing IMO.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.
The following user(s) liked this post: kiwikid_1

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
26 Nov 2017 08:29 #9610 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?

maverick wrote: Well my first thoughts on the track is that it's mostly single file with very limited overtaking spots which saw very few passes.
Disappointing IMO.

I agree mav. Another mark skaife winner.

Baron Peck Peckington III

More
26 Nov 2017 08:37 #9611 by Pierre
Yeah have to agree sadly. A bit processional, relying on errors & incidents for excitement.

More
26 Nov 2017 16:48 #9621 by Pierre
And having said that... this is turning into a nailbiting championship decider.

McLaughlin pretty much had it in the bag: www.supercars.com/news/championship/mcla...he-title-can-be-won/

But so far in this race, he has served a pit lane speeding penalty, then turned Silvestro around and served a further 15sec stop-go. Right now it's Whincup 4th, McLaughlin 20th.

More
26 Nov 2017 17:57 - 26 Nov 2017 17:57 #9622 by Pierre
Last Edit: 26 Nov 2017 17:57 by Pierre.

More
26 Nov 2017 18:05 #9623 by Webby
Webby replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?
Poor form by Scott M. Granted his LH mirror was folded back, but not something I'd have expected from him.
I can't understand the logic where speeding in pitlane, gets you a drive through, and a hit on a competitor gets a 15 seconds penalty.
WTF are their priorities?

If its not about revenue raising, double the demerit points & halve the fines.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Nov 2017 18:10 - 26 Nov 2017 18:14 #9624 by maverick

Webby wrote: Poor form by Scott M. Granted his LH mirror was folded back, but not something I'd have expected from him.
I can't understand the logic where speeding in pitlane, gets you a drive through, and a hit on a competitor gets a 15 seconds penalty.
WTF are their priorities?

They showed a replay of the SM/CL incident whilst focusing on Dick & Roger's reactions and Jill Johnson mouthed "you bloody deserved that you bastard".

Think about that.
Last Edit: 26 Nov 2017 18:14 by maverick.

More
26 Nov 2017 22:24 #9625 by CP
I don't think J Dub particularly enjoyed winning the title in that scenario and I don't think that Scott would've enjoyed winning the title after unintentionally taking out CL to claim 11th to seal the deal either.

After watching it for two days, while the layout and the elevation looks great, the Newcastle track doesn't promote great racing, but the paid and/or paying organic matter behind the wheel was a factor in that also.

More
27 Nov 2017 09:18 #9626 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?
Absolutely nailbiting finish, the best I've seen. But the track is a dud. Sure it looks pretty, but it's just another Canberra: it looks good, a great qualifying track but a racetrack it ain't. Every team should put 100K aside for the last round next year to repair wrecked race cars, the only way you can pass is to lean hard on someone in a 50/50 move

Well done to Jamie on the 7th, but what a shattering day for Ford/DJR fans.

Photographer for hire.

More
27 Nov 2017 10:29 #9630 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?
Just had an amazing 3 days. The atmosphere was amazing. I don't often say this but I was one proud Novacastrian. Sorry guys but I have to disagree with the "track is a dud" comments. It's spectacular. Can't wait for next year.

More
27 Nov 2017 10:48 #9631 by CP

James3592 wrote: Just had an amazing 3 days. The atmosphere was amazing. I don't often say this but I was one proud Novacastrian. Sorry guys but I have to disagree with the "track is a dud" comments. It's spectacular. Can't wait for next year.

One of the camera angles was a bit of a dud. The ones in Watt Street didn't really show the impressive elevation of that street.

I am a bit torn though, I found that the track didn't really promote good racing yet I could easily make a day trip out of the event next year as it's only a 3hr drive from Gunnedah.

More
27 Nov 2017 15:23 #9638 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: Supercar Replacement?

CP wrote:

James3592 wrote: Just had an amazing 3 days. The atmosphere was amazing. I don't often say this but I was one proud Novacastrian. Sorry guys but I have to disagree with the "track is a dud" comments. It's spectacular. Can't wait for next year.

One of the camera angles was a bit of a dud. The ones in Watt Street didn't really show the impressive elevation of that street.9

I am a bit torn though, I found that the track didn't really promote good racing yet I could easily make a day trip out of the event next year as it's only a 3hr drive from Gunnedah.

Sorry I have to have a giggle when you said impressive elevation....it said it was 29mtrs? Thats not even a Hil....and thats a short hill :evil:

More
28 Nov 2017 20:12 #9669 by CP

kiwikid_1 wrote:

CP wrote:

One of the camera angles was a bit of a dud. The ones in Watt Street didn't really show the impressive elevation of that street.9

Sorry I have to have a giggle when you said impressive elevation....it said it was 29mtrs? Thats not even a Hil....and thats a short hill :evil:

I correct myself. Impressive elevation for a street circuit. :P

More
01 Dec 2017 07:34 #9703 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: 2018 VASC.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds