2017 National Sports Sedan Series

• Nadz 44
  • Nadz 44's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2017 12:35 #4781 by Nadz 44
Nadz 44 created the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
whats everyones opinion on the national sports sedan series breaking away from the shannons nationals???? they are now relying on the state series to bump up grid numbers (awesome) and are due to announce a new backing sponsor (which I assume will be hankook tyres based on what I have seen (aweome again) , but where does the money now come from to run the series and what will be the go with televising the series????

Interested to hear everyones thoughts...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2017 13:24 - 10 Feb 2017 13:46 #4785 by RedZedMikey
RedZedMikey replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
Sports Sedans were at their best in the '70s and '80s; back then they were my favourite class. I still like them today, but there are not enough competitive vehicles. I didn't know they were breaking away from Shannons Nationals - went and checked the ASSC? NSSS? website, and no updates or 2017 information yet. Will watch with interest to see what develops, and hope that SBS can still show them on Speedweek whichever circus they run with. Personally, I would have liked to see them stay with Shannons, just have to wait and see I guess.

Personally, I prefer the Aussie built machines like the Audi, Baily's Aston and of course Ricciardello's Alfa to the US TransAm style imports, but the more competitive cars, the better. Being a 300ZX owner, my favourite Sports Sedan of all time is Kerry Baily's 300ZX, which is now fairly long in the tooth, and I believe it is the car Steve Tamasi was running last year.
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2017 13:46 by RedZedMikey.

• Nadz 44
More
10 Feb 2017 14:12 #4787 by Nadz 44
Nadz 44 replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series

RedZedMikey wrote: Sports Sedans were at their best in the '70s and '80s; back then they were my favourite class. I still like them today, but there are not enough competitive vehicles. I didn't know they were breaking away from Shannons Nationals - went and checked the ASSC? NSSS? website, and no updates or 2017 information yet. Will watch with interest to see what develops, and hope that SBS can still show them on Speedweek whichever circus they run with. Personally, I would have liked to see them stay with Shannons, just have to wait and see I guess.

Personally, I prefer the Aussie built machines like the Audi, Baily's Aston and of course Ricciardello's Alfa to the US TransAm style imports, but the more competitive cars, the better. Being a 300ZX owner, my favourite Sports Sedan of all time is Kerry Baily's 300ZX, which is now fairly long in the tooth, and I believe it is the car Steve Tamasi was running last year.

Yeah 70's and 80's were the hay days of sports sedans, but that was pretty much because they were the pinnacle tin top series going around, v8 supercars has pretty much killed off any other tin top series in this country with its population unfortunately....

a lot of the front running state based competitors are more then quick enough to give the nationals boys a good run, which should promote better racing throughout the field including at the front...

I like the trans am's, they are def close enough in design to be considered a sports sedan, and put in the right hands are more then capable of winning races and championships....

Yeah the tamasis do now own and drive the ex bailey 300zx, had a bit of a birthday after Kerry sold it but doesn't seemed to have improved on it from what I can see....

More
10 Feb 2017 14:22 #4788 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
Could that new TA2 series merge with Sports Sedans? That would help bolster grids and make things more competitive...

• Nadz 44
More
10 Feb 2017 14:31 #4789 by Nadz 44

James3592 wrote: Could that new TA2 series merge with Sports Sedans? That would help bolster grids and make things more competitive...

Depends how the cars were logbooked, if they were logged as 3d and engine capacity is below 6l then cant see why not, don't think they would want to join sports sedan regs just yet though, frsh class and already has lots of interest so they may wanna stay afloat on there own two feet for now....

More
12 Feb 2017 19:18 #4846 by FatBoy_Racing
FatBoy_Racing replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
Logbooked as 3D. We could run as invited.

More
28 Feb 2017 17:12 #5212 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

• Nadz 44
More
28 Feb 2017 23:02 #5217 by Nadz 44
i myself am happy with that, i get to see 3 nationals sports sedan meets in my state, including muscle car masters to finish it off....

More
21 Mar 2017 17:41 #5638 by DewiJ
DewiJ replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
The TA2 cars will be joining the National Sports Sedans Series and NSW Sports Sedans this year. Looks like we'll have 4, 5, or maybe 6 cars at the first meeting at Wakefield Park, with 12 sold so far out of the 17 in the country. I'll be coming down from QLD for this meeting to help out with both the TA2s and Formula Ford Series.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2017TA2Calendar.pdf
File Size:313 KB

Motorsport Photographer & Videographer
Trackside Media: www.facebook.com/TracksideMediaAU/
Australian Trans-Am Series
TA2 Racing Australia
Attachments:
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

More
21 Mar 2017 18:32 #5639 by maverick

DewiJ wrote: The TA2 cars will be joining the National Sports Sedans Series and NSW Sports Sedans this year. Looks like we'll have 4, 5, or maybe 6 cars at the first meeting at Wakefield Park, with 12 sold so far out of the 17 in the country. I'll be coming down from QLD for this meeting to help out with both the TA2s and Formula Ford Series.

File Attachment:

File Name: 2017TA2Calendar.pdf
File Size:313 KB

Cheers mate, looking forward to it.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.

• Nadz 44
More
24 Mar 2017 16:08 #5719 by Nadz 44
29 cars entered for the first round.... Good effort by all....

More
24 Mar 2017 16:17 #5720 by maverick

Nadz 44 wrote: 29 cars entered for the first round.... Good effort by all....

Hope to be there at least on the Saturday.

Think about that.

• Nadz 44
More
28 Mar 2017 23:36 #5814 by Nadz 44
ill be there sat/sun, camping in south goulburn caravan park....

More
29 Mar 2017 06:57 #5818 by jdyort
jdyort replied the topic: 2017 National Sports Sedan Series
Going to be interesting to see how far up the front Shiels gets the 124. The car I would think suits the circuit and we know how quick he is.

Is Tony R having a year off?

• Nadz 44
More
29 Mar 2017 13:28 #5828 by Nadz 44
brad would kill them if it decided to rain I reckon.....

Yes and no, doing selected rounds including the muscle car masters..... Im hoping they are spending time building the new car, try and catch back up to gourlays audi.....

More
29 Mar 2017 15:13 #5830 by maverick

Nadz 44 wrote: ill be there sat/sun, camping in south goulburn caravan park....

Hoping to get there on Saturday.

Think about that.

More
03 Apr 2017 16:25 #5937 by maverick
Got to Wakefield on Saturday and whilst I left early, that was an awesome field in SS's.
Wakefield Park is a beautiful place to be when the weather is great.

Think about that.

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds