Rullo, Chahda and the super licence.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Feb 2017 14:19 - 09 Feb 2017 14:22 #4737 by maverick
maverick created the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.

Statistically most "rock spiders" have spent some time in their lives as a church youth group leader.
Think about that.
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2017 14:22 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: StueyB83, Trent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 17:33 #4747 by Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.

maverick wrote: Plenty to talk about here...

Rullo in.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/08/rullo-make-...st-supercars-driver/

Chahda in.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/09/chahda-land...-ldm-supercars-seat/

Chahda out.

www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/09/cams-reject...licence-matt-chahda/

Rullo = Joke
Chahda = Joke
LDM = Joke
CAMS = Joke

What were they thinking???

More
09 Feb 2017 17:52 #4749 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.
In CAMS' defence, on the Chahda point at least, it doesn't seem like they ever intended to grant him the dispensation. LDM jumped the gun by announcing him.

More
09 Feb 2017 18:06 #4752 by Ryan Lee

Pierre wrote: In CAMS' defence, on the Chahda point at least, it doesn't seem like they ever intended to grant him the dispensation. LDM jumped the gun by announcing him.

was more getting at them for the way the super licence was obtainable in the first place.

More
09 Feb 2017 20:56 - 09 Feb 2017 20:57 #4758 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.

Pierre wrote: In CAMS' defence, on the Chahda point at least, it doesn't seem like they ever intended to grant him the dispensation. LDM jumped the gun by announcing him.

Well CAMS are alleging that they told LDM yesterday, my money is on LDM not telling Chahda until today or both parties knew but still announced Chahda to try and force CAMS hand, good luck with that.

Its an absolute joke all around, with Percat and Barry moving on, the team have lost all credibility with me, Im sure they need the money but to bring on a very inexperienced and lacking in talent driver such as Rullo doesnt bode well for this year. I hope for Rullo and the teams sake they get a good experienced team mate who can lead the team and be a mentor for Rullo. Maybe they can patch things up with Russell Ingall after that Sunday night 'discussion' at Homebush in 2014.....
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2017 20:57 by Richo.

More
10 Feb 2017 00:06 #4764 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.
I understand that sometimes a pay driver (or 2) is necessary for a team to keep their head above water, but surely there are better candidates. (Pither with $$$ from Ice Break springs to mind...)

More
10 Feb 2017 06:38 #4769 by Samwhk
Samwhk replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.
With the SuperLicence, why is the DVS series worth more in terms of points once you get past the top 3?

More
10 Feb 2017 10:50 #4776 by mayhem
mayhem replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.

James3592 wrote: I understand that sometimes a pay driver (or 2) is necessary for a team to keep their head above water, but surely there are better candidates. (Pither with $$$ from Ice Break springs to mind...)

Chris and LDM 'couldn't agree to terms' despite a desire for a deal to be struck from Chris' end. Although at that stage Andre was being discussed in the second car which would have given the team two decent drivers. As it is, I think both Chris and Andre have dodged a bullet, LDM have made it clear with these two (attempted) signings what their actual motivations are in going racing, and it ain't results.

Photographer for hire.

More
10 Feb 2017 12:30 #4780 by Nadz 44
Nadz 44 replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.
I honestly think it is a farce on both halves, if a team requires a paid driver to be able to compete and stay afloat then all seriousness they shouldn't really be out there competing in the first place, it should be based on talent and not whos daddy has the deepest pockets, there are 15-20 blokes in the dvs series that should be in v8 supercars before these two get a drive, at a minimum if you wish to race the main game you should have adequate overseas experience or to have at least finished top 3 in the dvs series....

More
12 Feb 2017 21:28 #4847 by FatBoy_Racing
FatBoy_Racing replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.

James3592 wrote: I understand that sometimes a pay driver (or 2) is necessary for a team to keep their head above water, but surely there are better candidates. (Pither with $$$ from Ice Break springs to mind...)

Not sure the "Ice Break Money" would appear on anything unless it at least in the top half of the field......
Darren is pretty picky about where he puts his money, & I am sure if Chris could lock in a better drive, he might get some of it.

More
16 Feb 2017 17:17 - 16 Feb 2017 17:18 #4921 by mayhem
Rullo crash halts LDM test day at Winton.
Rullo hasn't had an ideal start as a topline driver.

Photographer for hire.
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2017 17:18 by mayhem.

More
16 Feb 2017 18:46 #4925 by Ryan Lee
What a shambles LDM is at the moment right??

More
17 Feb 2017 10:21 #4936 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: Rullo, Chadha and the super licence.
Crash and an electrical fire? Great start to the season.

More
18 Feb 2017 20:07 #4978 by mayhem
The cynic in me suggests the reason Rullo got the nod and not Chahda comes down to the press coverage a 16 year old might get. Before you laugh, Simona is essentially in the series in 2017 for 'feel good' stories, why not a 16 year old school kid too?

Photographer for hire.

More
18 Feb 2017 20:53 #4979 by Ryan Lee

mayhem wrote: The cynic in me suggests the reason Rullo got the nod and not Chahda comes down to the press coverage a 16 year old might get. Before you laugh, Simona is essentially in the series in 2017 for 'feel good' stories, why not a 16 year old school kid too?

All valid points. Not to mention that Rullo could get there one day, i can't see (short term) Chahda getting up to main game level

Lot's of PR about SDS in the category, hope they ride it whilst they can as it will fizz out over the year

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds