• Richo
  • Richo's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2017 17:44 - 18 Feb 2017 18:00 #4969 by Richo
Richo created the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp
Welcome to the
2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Competition

Brought to you by KSM86 and Richo

What better way to celebrate the excitement of sportscar and GT racing by holding a tipping competition!

We aim to have a bit of fun and encourage some friendly competition by tipping both the pole position and the podium positions in a number of major endurance races throughout the year.

Entry is free and open to all members and prizes TBA will be awarded to the top three tippers at season's end as well as the person who scores the least amount of points. We may also award prizes for races such as Le Mans but we will keep you updated about that. Overseas members needn't worry as we will mail your prizes to you.

You may enter the whole season or individual races as you wish-if you miss the first round then you are not locked out for the rest of the competition.

For each round we ask you to

1) Tip a outright pole position winner

And dependant on the round format:

2) Top three outright regardless of class in each race for Blancpain races at Monza and Spa.

or

Top three in Prototypes which includes LMP2 and top three in GTPRO class in WEC
Top three in Prototype including Prototype Challenge as well as top three in GTLM class in IMSA races.

or

Top six outright at Nurburgring 24hr race due to the size of the grid.

Calendar

Round One: IMSA Sebring 12hrs March 18th

Round Two: WEC 6hrs  of Silverstone 16th April

Round Three: BES Monza 23rd April

Round Four: WEC 6hrs of Spa Francorchamp 6th May

Round Five: VLN ADAC Zurich Nurburgring 24hrs 27-28th May

Round Six: WEC 24hrs of Le Mans 17-18th June

Round Seven: WEC 6hrs  of Nurburgring 16th July

Round Eight: BES TOTAL 24hrs of Spa 29-30th July

Round Nine: WEC 6hrs of Mexico 3rd September

Round Ten: IMSA Petit Le Mans 6-7th October

Round Eleven: WEC 6hrs of Fuji 15th October

Round Twelve: WEC 6hrs of Bahrain 18th November

Scoring

Pole Position Scoring

Pole Position = One point

Race Finishing Position Point Scoring

For first, second or third you will either score two points for an exact finishing position or one point if that chosen car finishes in the top three.

For example say you tip

1st #23 Lago Racing Gallardo R-EX
2nd #66 Hobson Racing Nissan GT-R GT3
3rd #35 Miedecke Stone Motorsport Aston Vantage GT3

And in the race the #23 wins, the #35 comes second and the #66 finishes way down in the order after taking on a Shakedown member as a guest driver then you would score two points for picking the #23 to finish first, another point for picking the #35 to finish in the top three and your last pick #66 would score no points as it didn’t finish in the top three. Hence a total of three points.

In Blancpain races there is only one class and in IMSA/WEC racers the above points structures applies for each class Prototype and GTLM

The points will cumulate throughout the season and double points will apply to the big three 24hr races with the exception of the pole position point which will stay at one point for every round.

The big three 24hr races being:

Nurburgring 24hrs

Le Mans 24hrs

Spa 24hrs

How to Enter

Each round will have its own thread which will appear after the previous round. This thread will have a link or the entry list for the race in the first post.

Except for the first round in Sebring, this thread will appear at least a week before the race.

Can you please format your entries in this manner so they are clear to read by the organisers:

Pole: Car number, Team, Make and model (example below). You do not have to tip a time.

Class (if applicable for the WEC and IMSA races)
1st. Car number Team name Car type as below
2nd. #66 Hobson Racing Nissan GT-R GT3
3rd

Rules and Regulations:

Competition entries to the round will close 5pm AEST Friday evening of each race weekend with the exception of the races that start on Saturday such as Sebring 12hr, Le Mans 24hr, Nurburgring 24hr and Spa 24hr. The cut off time for that is 5pm AEST Thursday evening. The race thread for each round will be up by Monday before the race weeknd.

Tips must be in by these time on the race weekend and no tips or variation of will be accepted after this time, there will be NO exceptions to this rule.

Myself and KSM86 as organisers of this competition will enter this competition for fun but will not be eligible for any prizes. In the event that one of us is in a prize winning position at end of season then the prize will go to the next best tipper.

The organisers have final right of say in regards to decisions made in running the tipping competition.  

If you have any questions please post in here or message myself or KSM86 who will be running the competition also.

Lastly, have fun, we’re not racing for sheep stations so please enjoy yourself.

Last Edit: 18 Feb 2017 18:00 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, RedZedMikey, KSM86, porsche91722, Pierre, StueyB83, Dazza

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2017 18:01 - 18 Feb 2017 18:28 #4970 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp
Well done boys, great idea and looks the goods.
Can't see why you shouldn't be eligible yourselves ??

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2017 18:28 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, KSM86

More
18 Feb 2017 22:57 #4986 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp
Great idea. Looking forward to it. :)

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
19 Feb 2017 08:14 - 19 Feb 2017 08:14 #4990 by Miguel
Miguel replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2017 08:14 by Miguel.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, Nardulas, Ryan Lee

More
23 Feb 2017 09:44 #5114 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp

maverick wrote: Can't see why you shouldn't be eligible yourselves ??

+1, I think you guys should be in the running too. Unless you're fixing the races of course.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, KSM86

More
01 Mar 2017 20:28 #5245 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp

Pierre wrote:

maverick wrote: Can't see why you shouldn't be eligible yourselves ??

+1, I think you guys should be in the running too. Unless you're fixing the races of course.

I organised a sweep around our campsite at the 12 hour. Felt a bit bad when I won, but the Maranello Ferrari was drawn out of a hat, and I couldn't rig a 12 hour race if I tried...

I see no reason why the organisers can't join in :)

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
02 Mar 2017 00:38 #5247 by Miguel
Because integrity. I don't care either way, but let's not pretend that there are no reasons for the organizers to not join in.

More
02 Mar 2017 04:51 - 02 Mar 2017 06:03 #5248 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp

Miguel wrote: Because integrity. I don't care either way, but let's not pretend that there are no reasons for the organizers to not join in.

It's a totally transparent competition with all tips and results being able to be viewed by all of the members, so integrity isn't an issue here.. Nice to see support from fellow members who believe that the people involved in the organising and running of the competition should be involved, plus it adds to the numbers.
It's their call and I'll support them either way.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2017 06:03 by maverick.

• Richo
More
02 Mar 2017 08:16 #5253 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp
Hi guys

Thanks for your comments, taking this into account and after discussing this between Adam and myself we've decided to reverse our original ruling on us receiving prizes. If people are comfortable with that then we feel comfortable too.

The original rule was done with best intentions in mind to persuade people that the comp will be run in an ethical matter and there will be no dodgy happenings. As has been said the comp is completely transparent. After each race there will be a scoreboard posted of those taking part. If for whatever reason you have a disagreement with us or you think we have tallied the points incorrectly for yourself please get in touch with us via message and it'll be sorted pronto.

Cheers Rich. The Sebring thread will be up sometime over the weekend. Please enjoy the comp.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, RedZedMikey, Pierre, StueyB83

• Miguel
  • GT REPORT
More
04 Mar 2017 06:27 #5289 by Miguel

maverick wrote: It's a totally transparent competition with all tips and results being able to be viewed by all of the members, so integrity isn't an issue here.. Nice to see support from fellow members who believe that the people involved in the organising and running of the competition should be involved, plus it adds to the numbers.

What happens when there's a disagreement about the interpretation of the rules? How will we know for sure the organisation won't rule in favor of whatever favors them?

• Richo
More
12 Mar 2017 16:36 #5447 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Shakedown Racing Endurance Tipping Comp

Miguel wrote:

maverick wrote: It's a totally transparent competition with all tips and results being able to be viewed by all of the members, so integrity isn't an issue here.. Nice to see support from fellow members who believe that the people involved in the organising and running of the competition should be involved, plus it adds to the numbers.

What happens when there's a disagreement about the interpretation of the rules? How will we know for sure the organisation won't rule in favor of whatever favors them?

I've already answered Miguel via other means but for the benefit of anyone who had the same questions, we have no favourites, me and KSM are both doing this for fun and we would be happy either way if a long standing member or a new member wins. After each round a scoresheet will be posted to keep a running tally of who is where and what they have scored. We will tally the scores ourselves after each round but you're more then happy to keep your own tally and if you have a disagreement please let us know and we will address it.

The round one Sebring thread will be up later today. Sorry for the delay
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, RedZedMikey, KSM86

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds