2017 Australian GT Championship.

More
14 Aug 2017 13:52 #8471 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
The Talbot/Martin Porsche will be very strong as will the Storey/Hackett Merc
The following user(s) liked this post: SP2511

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2017 15:12 #8472 by CP
CP replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
I have to go with the two Gs in the Taylor car for an outside chance.

More
14 Aug 2017 15:12 #8473 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Throw in a couple Audis and one or two other of the Mercs and you're looking at half the grid that on paper is strong enough to win.

Then consider the variables and others are right in the mix too. I honestly cant remember a race where so many cars head in with me saying 'keep an eye on them'.

Feedback on the video is appreciated too. I've half worked out a formula, but always interested in your thoughts of what to include, leave out, etc.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Aug 2017 16:25 #8474 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

MatCoch wrote: Throw in a couple Audis and one or two other of the Mercs and you're looking at half the grid that on paper is strong enough to win.

Then consider the variables and others are right in the mix too. I honestly cant remember a race where so many cars head in with me saying 'keep an eye on them'.

Feedback on the video is appreciated too. I've half worked out a formula, but always interested in your thoughts of what to include, leave out, etc.

Has Cleo been in touch with you ?

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
14 Aug 2017 16:46 #8475 by Cozzy858
Cozzy858 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Shame about the grid size but then again only need 2 cars to make a fantastic race! Getting keen to head to the Creek on Saturday not so much about the 4am wake up thou :/

More
14 Aug 2017 22:12 #8478 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

Cozzy858 wrote: Shame about the grid size but then again only need 2 cars to make a fantastic race! Getting keen to head to the Creek on Saturday not so much about the 4am wake up thou :/

Ditto ;)

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

More
14 Aug 2017 22:20 #8479 by James3592
James3592 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Bit of a bummer about the grid size, but still looks like a competitive field.

Not sure if I'm brave enough to pick a winner but I think the dark horse could be the KFC Audi. No ones really talked about them much but Dylan O'Keeffe has been really good in Carrera Cup this year and Dan Gaunt was right up there at the GP. They could very well pull off an upset...

It would be great if the BMW has a nice clean run and a solid finish too.

The Motorsport Nerd: A blog for all motorsport enthusiasts by a massive motorsport enthusiast. Check it out: motorsportnerd.wixsite.com/the-motorsport-nerd
The Motorsport Nerd is now on Facebook: www.facebook.com/themotorsportnerd/?view..._for=239217863187708

More
15 Aug 2017 11:12 #8481 by P1 Racing
P1 Racing replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
The drop in grid is concerning - especially as this is the amended schedule that the teams asked for and now are not supporting it. Is this a power play?

Understandable that accident damage is playing a part - which in my opinion is even more reason to drop the street events outside of the Grand Prix or Clipsal

More
15 Aug 2017 11:48 #8482 by TCR
TCR replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Fairly disappointing field as others have said, especially considering numbers for the same event in previous years. Hopefully it's not a sign of disgruntled car owners making some sort of protest over the whole CAMS restrictions drama. Still a fair bit of quality though, hopefully they put on a good race.

More
15 Aug 2017 13:47 #8483 by Fast Eddie
Fast Eddie replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Do we know if A.G.T. will again situate themselves at the North Circuit Paddock?

More
15 Aug 2017 13:50 #8484 by Richo

Fast Eddie wrote: Do we know if A.G.T. will again situate themselves at the North Circuit Paddock?

Im assuming so as I haven't heard anything otherwise.

Mat should be able to confirm
The following user(s) liked this post: Fast Eddie

More
15 Aug 2017 20:04 #8485 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

Fast Eddie wrote: Do we know if A.G.T. will again situate themselves at the North Circuit Paddock?

Yes, I believe they will be housed at South Park again.

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, Fast Eddie

More
15 Aug 2017 20:09 #8486 by chatswood47
chatswood47 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

maverick wrote:

Pierre wrote: The weekend cometh. I've got the three days off, and I think I'll be taking the train out from the city each morning.

Hoping for a last minute miracle from Hobson!

Will be good to catch up again P.
Rich and I would rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late, so I'm sure you'll find us around the GT garages somewhere at sparrows on Friday.

Mav,
Will be in Big Mac from about 0600 if you wish to have a gander and get a couple of sparrow fart photographs (as long as the fog stays away!).

Too old for women so it's cars and truffles from now on.
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
15 Aug 2017 21:07 #8487 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

James3592 wrote: Bit of a bummer about the grid size, but still looks like a competitive field.

Not sure if I'm brave enough to pick a winner but I think the dark horse could be the KFC Audi. No ones really talked about them much but Dylan O'Keeffe has been really good in Carrera Cup this year and Dan Gaunt was right up there at the GP. They could very well pull off an upset...

It would be great if the BMW has a nice clean run and a solid finish too.

I now feel like a ultimate burger meal deal with a piece of hot and spicy chicken now!

Baron Peck Peckington III
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

More
15 Aug 2017 23:37 #8488 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Anyone know the reasons behind the meidecke no show? They have missed rounds all year and had talked up being here to defend their race win from last season so its a very obvious absence.

17 cars isnt great but its also not that bad in reality. The good thing is that on paper ever car except for maybe 2 or 3 will be very competitive.

More
16 Aug 2017 02:32 #8489 by MatCoch

Southern pit lane, like last year.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, Fast Eddie

More
16 Aug 2017 09:04 #8490 by Richo

Nath wrote: Anyone know the reasons behind the meidecke no show? They have missed rounds all year and had talked up being here to defend their race win from last season so its a very obvious absence.

17 cars isnt great but its also not that bad in reality. The good thing is that on paper ever car except for maybe 2 or 3 will be very competitive.

Im intrigued as to why also. They posted on facebook about being in training for the SMP round quite recently so something must have happened since then to keep them away.

Was looking forward to seeing and hearing that gorgeous Aston again-last year there was two of them at SMP, this year none :(

More
16 Aug 2017 09:06 #8491 by Richo

MatCoch wrote:

Southern pit lane, like last year.

Thanks Mat, I'm sure I'll bump into you over the weekend (or Slade if hes on a coffee run) :lol:

More
16 Aug 2017 12:00 #8492 by MatCoch
Did someone say "why isn't Domink Baumann racing this weekend?"

No? Well, he is. So there.

australiangt.com.au/2017/08/16/blancpain...s-breath-cafe-racing

The following user(s) liked this post: Richo, RedZedMikey, StueyB83

More
16 Aug 2017 12:27 #8493 by Richo
That's a nice surprise driver announcement. Cant wait to see how he goes in the Hogs Breah Merc

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds