2017 Australian GT Championship.

• kiwikid_1
  • Away
More
28 Jul 2017 15:22 #8328 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

Richo wrote:

kiwikid_1 wrote:

Richo wrote: Maybe this might help SRM get up the order with the M6 next year?

sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/bmw-reveals-m6-gt3-evo-kit/

After watching one last weekend...A body kit wont help.......

Ouch....so booking out Pukie for a test session didn't bear much fruit?

Im not sure on whether it can be used in AGT-Im pretty sure its good for B12 though.

They tested thr Ferrari for most of the time...til they crashed it.......only decided to run bmw on the friday......upgrade kit not available till next year...and its their one upgrade they are allowed im told
The following user(s) liked this post: Richo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jul 2017 17:18 #8330 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

kiwikid_1 wrote:

Richo wrote:

kiwikid_1 wrote:

Im not sure on whether it can be used in AGT-Im pretty sure its good for B12 though.

They tested thr Ferrari for most of the time...til they crashed it.......only decided to run bmw on the friday......upgrade kit not available till next year...and its their one upgrade they are allowed im told

I think i heard that they have a test day at SMP before the "enduro" round.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

More
28 Jul 2017 18:40 #8334 by Richo
Richo replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

kiwikid_1 wrote:

Richo wrote:

kiwikid_1 wrote:

I heard they tested the Ferrari, didn't know they crashed it. Much damage?

More
29 Jul 2017 00:30 #8339 by MatCoch
MatCoch replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
An explanation of the process involved in getting a car homologated for use in Australian GT. This is the same whether it is a brand new car or an upgrade package.

Firstly, the car needs to be homologated to GT3 regulations. That's a process that runs through the FIA and there have been cars which have failed it.

Once that's done, the car must go through a Balance of Performance test, which is conducted by the SRO. There are a couple of these each year, but typically they happen at the end of February.

When that stage has been completed any competitor wishing to race the car in Australia submit an application to Australian GT, which begins the process for CAMS to include the cars within our regulations.

So there are a number of gates that any new car or development needs to go through before it can compete in a GT3 competition.

I'm not sure if there is another SRO BoP test planned this year. If there is, in theory, the BMW update could be homologated and BoP'd in time for competition in 2018.

If not, the BoP test isn't usually until the end of February, in which case it's extremely unlikely any updates would be available for teams until probably April by the time the administration side of things is sorted out across FIA/SRO/CAMS.

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
The following user(s) liked this post: RedZedMikey, StueyB83, Dazza

• kiwikid_1
  • Away
More
29 Jul 2017 06:18 #8340 by kiwikid_1
kiwikid_1 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

Richo wrote:

kiwikid_1 wrote:

Richo wrote:

kiwikid_1 wrote:

I heard they tested the Ferrari, didn't know they crashed it. Much damage?

They got it repaired but with 2nd hand parts. It was a rear corner...so it will cost a few dollars

More
31 Jul 2017 10:30 #8355 by StueyB83
StueyB83 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.

MatCoch wrote: I'm not sure if there is another SRO BoP test planned this year. If there is, in theory, the BMW update could be homologated and BoP'd in time for competition in 2018.

If not, the BoP test isn't usually until the end of February, in which case it's extremely unlikely any updates would be available for teams until probably April by the time the administration side of things is sorted out across FIA/SRO/CAMS.

Thanks for the informative post, Mat. Nailed it.

The M6 EVO significant upgrade kit will need to be tested at Ladoux in September along with any new cars (at this stage, the heavily re-worked 2018 Nissan (still R35) will be the only new car there) for FIA homologation.

Then for SRO events they will be BOP tested in February pre-season testing.

For your global GT3 photo fix: www.flickr.com/groups/gt3/
For deciding what to spray on your podium celebrations: champagnetipplers.wordpress.com/

For my guessed Entry List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZaPzpOWO...K1Y/edit?usp=sharing

More
31 Jul 2017 15:05 #8359 by Richo
I'd be highly surprised if the Evo kit wasn't tested at Ladoux and signed off for 2018, its a waste of developing a Evo kit if it wasn't ready for next year.

More
31 Jul 2017 15:05 - 31 Jul 2017 15:05 #8360 by MatCoch
Something a little different and new from us for the weekend

Media Manager at Australian GT, PR scribe for Audi Sport Customer Racing Australia, host of Pitpass.com podcast, part time hack for Speedcafe and Auto Action, and freelance Motorsport journo. Views and typos are my won and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, or those I'll hold tomorrow....
Last Edit: 31 Jul 2017 15:05 by MatCoch.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, KSM86, Nath, Dazza, SP2511

More
31 Jul 2017 16:21 #8361 by SP2511
SP2511 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Really cool video Mat, who's that actor? He's bloody amazing! Looking forward to the QR weekend, will be interesting.

Aspiring motorsport Journalist
Check out my blog for all the latest sportscar/GT and major motorsport happenings! paddockpassmedia.wordpress.com

LIKE my Facebook page to stay up to date- www.facebook.com/paddockpassmedia/

More
31 Jul 2017 18:36 - 31 Jul 2017 18:36 #8363 by Richo

MatCoch wrote: Something a little different and new from us for the weekend

Is that a Lego Kombi van in the background?

Nice video Mat, I enjoyed that, brief yet quite informative. Schedule of the weekend, entry list, a bit of history of previous visits, pit stop timings etc. You ever thought of doing that for the main series also?

Looking forward to the weekend. Four atmo Ferraris, 3 458s and a 430, my ears are in for a treat. Oh yeah!! (shut up Mav :lol:)
Last Edit: 31 Jul 2017 18:36 by Richo.

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
31 Jul 2017 21:39 #8364 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Its good to see your beard getting bigger and bushier since i saw you at sandown earlier this year.

Baron Peck Peckington III

More
31 Jul 2017 22:26 #8365 by Nath
Nath replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Hi Mat, if possible can you clarify how the Hampton downs 500 and the new 12 hour race are going to work?

The dates are for the same weekend, that's correct yeah?

Its not going to be a combined race is it......?

More
01 Aug 2017 09:16 #8370 by MatCoch

Richo wrote:

MatCoch wrote: Something a little different and new from us for the weekend

Is that a Lego Kombi van in the background?

Nice video Mat, I enjoyed that, brief yet quite informative. Schedule of the weekend, entry list, a bit of history of previous visits, pit stop timings etc. You ever thought of doing that for the main series also?

Looking forward to the weekend. Four atmo Ferraris, 3 458s and a 430, my ears are in for a treat. Oh yeah!! (shut up Mav :lol:)

This was the first video we did, so there are some things we've learned from it as you'd expect. The plan is to do the same for each event going forward - I'm already planning for SMP in a few weeks, and will likely start putting together some of the graphics over the next day or two while I've got some time.

We'll have some challenges with timings and things for a few events because we'll all be travelling, but we'll jump those hurdles as we get to them. From our point of view, as long as the videos are being watched they're worth doing so we'll the time - even if it means awkwardly recording in an airport lounge!

Yes, that is a Lego Combi in the background. I'm not one for Christmas so the wife learned that by giving me Lego it keeps me quiet for the day as I sit in the corner building it. There's a Lego LMP1 car in the background there somewhere too, and a Mini. There's a heap of other Lego cars in the cupboard, so I might have to rotate them through to keep the 'set' fresh!

More
01 Aug 2017 09:17 #8371 by MatCoch

Nath wrote: Hi Mat, if possible can you clarify how the Hampton downs 500 and the new 12 hour race are going to work?

The dates are for the same weekend, that's correct yeah?

Its not going to be a combined race is it......?

We'll be confirming all those details later. At this point, we're just excited to be hosting the Hampton Downs 12 Hour next year.

More
01 Aug 2017 09:18 #8372 by MatCoch

The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 wrote: Its good to see your beard getting bigger and bushier since i saw you at sandown earlier this year.

I gave it a trim just prior to the Bathurst 12 Hour and there were instant regrets. At Sandown it was still recovering!

More
02 Aug 2017 11:14 #8381 by TCR
TCR replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Great video. Concise and informative, especially like seeing the entry list and the format and times for the weekend. Going to try and make it out for Sunday.

More
02 Aug 2017 13:11 #8384 by MatCoch

TCR wrote: Great video. Concise and informative, especially like seeing the entry list and the format and times for the weekend. Going to try and make it out for Sunday.

Thanks. It was our first go at this style of video so there were a few lessons learned that will make the next one better.

Work has already begun on the pre-SMP 500 video!

• Mosport Fan
  • Transplanted Canadian in Oz.
More
03 Aug 2017 18:04 #8399 by Mosport Fan
Mosport Fan replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
HI All

Sorry it's been a while since I've been on the forum- been a busy year since the 12H with work, study and exams.....so finally a breather.

I will be at Eastern Creek for the GT's and Supercars in a few weeks. The missus has decided to go corporate again, which means I don't drive so I can enjoy. As a result, I have a corporate parking pass for Saturday and for Sunday (I'm using the Friday one). Happy to give to someone on the forum if it helps make the weekend easier. It doesn't say that it's not transferable, so don't see why there would be an issue. if you're there on Friday I can share them with you.

More
04 Aug 2017 16:49 #8401 by Richo
Candyman goes fastest in practice at QR for GT Trophy this weekend

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Aug 2017 11:45 #8409 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: 2017 Australian GT Championship.
Greg Taylor has confirmed that he'll be back for the SMP round.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds