Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.

• The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
  • The conversationalist formally known as Goat69's Avatar
More
28 Jan 2018 14:05 #10515 by The conversationalist formally known as Goat69
The conversationalist formally known as Goat69 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Thanks for organising mav

Baron Peck Peckington III
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maverick
  • maverick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Jan 2018 11:56 #10572 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
:)

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.
Attachments:
The following user(s) liked this post: Nadz44

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 Jan 2018 12:09 #10574 by maverick
maverick replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Bentley's won't get here until tomorrow night.

Shakedown, the forum where 1 or 2 people won't be allowed to ruin the enjoyment of others.

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Feb 2018 12:29 #10603 by maverick
:woohoo:

Attachments:

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Feb 2018 12:50 - 01 Feb 2018 12:51 #10605 by maverick
:woohoo:

Attachments:
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2018 12:51 by maverick.
The following user(s) liked this post: Pierre

• Mosport Fan
  • Transplanted Canadian in Oz.
More
02 Feb 2018 16:23 #10633 by Mosport Fan
Mosport Fan replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
A few snaps of one of our cars today.
Attachments:
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Pierre

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Feb 2018 17:30 #10645 by maverick
For the shakedown members who donated, can you assemble at garage 1 at 1.00pm tomorrow being Saturday for the Daytona Sportscar's garage tour.

More
02 Feb 2018 18:02 #10646 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Absolutely gorgeous cars, both of them. We had some discussion about the best sound on track, and after much dranking observation I think the Daytona pips even the Bentleys on the apocalypse meter. The Viper is super handy on the track too, looking on rails down through the Chase.

Our sponsorship dollar went further than I could have imagined, with those nice big logos popping out at you, even at speed. Stoked to be part of their weekend.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick

More
02 Feb 2018 18:16 #10649 by kevin993
kevin993 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
The cars look great and the Shakedown logo is easy to spot! A few pics attached from today -
Attachments:
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, mayhem, Mosport Fan, Pierre

More
02 Feb 2018 23:47 #10652 by Nardulas
Nardulas replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.

maverick wrote: For the shakedown members who donated, can you assemble at garage 1 at 1.00pm tomorrow being Saturday for the Daytona Sportscar's garage tour.

Garage 1 being the WRT pit? Or are we meeting at the back of the Daytona garage? That would make more sense to me ;)

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Feb 2018 06:53 #10654 by maverick

Nardulas wrote:

maverick wrote: For the shakedown members who donated, can you assemble at garage 1 at 1.00pm tomorrow being Saturday for the Daytona Sportscar's garage tour.

Garage 1 being the WRT pit? Or are we meeting at the back of the Daytona garage? That would make more sense to me ;)

Yes mate my bad.
Make that the first garage as you come down the stairs that go over pit straight.

More
04 Feb 2018 19:24 #10687 by Pierre
Pierre replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Viper 2nd in class i1
Coupe 3rd in class i2

My thoughts here m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015...1070012253&__tn__=-R

Awesome to be a part of this. Info on next Shakedown sponsorship coming very very soon!
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Mosport Fan

• maverick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Feb 2018 19:52 #10754 by maverick
Well for the second year we have managed to be involved with a great team and a great bunch of people.
I have to say that myself and many others were absolutley thrilled at the shakedown signage on both cars which were easily visible. I can also say that the team shirts went down very well and it was a pleasure to have Richard Bendall handing them out at our dinner along with some nice words.
It was a tough afternoon for the team with some issues with both cars, however the teams "never give up" attitude continues to impress many and just another reason why shakedown is proud to be involved.
Thanks to Jamie for the in depth garage tour, we wish them well and hope to see them back at Bathurst next year.

The following user(s) liked this post: Mosport Fan, Pierre

More
07 Feb 2018 17:05 - 07 Feb 2018 17:08 #10781 by cossie55
cossie55 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Well, as you all saw, it was a tough race for Daytona sportscars.

The damage for the weekend:
2 X fuel pressure regulators (who ever breaks 1 fuel pressure reg let alone 2!)
2 Harrop custom made Axles
1 differential (maybe 2)
1 splitter
1 tyre failure

But never did we give up, and each time, the team all jumped in and got it all back going again.
Our results probably look better than the reality was, but I guess you need to be there at the end...
Our lead up to the event was fantastic, with 6 fast drivers, and the cars being faultless throughout practice and qualifying. We set the aim times, with a 2:06 in the viper, and a 2:10 in the Daytona, and achieved both goals.
The first two stints went great, but it wasn’t to be with the Driver side Harrop axle shearing off coming onto the front straight. It could have been a worse location, but if it had been in practice, we could have looked at the problem earlier. I guess that is 12 hour racing for you.
The viper just trucked around, until it had a fuel pressure regulator failure (a relatively new Sard unit) We quickly fixed that with a borrowed unit (thanks Grunt performance!)

We fixed the Daytona, but it took too long, as the rear calliper had been damaged in the wheel departure. We decided not to replace the Drivers side axle, as they were new for this end, and it was the unloaded side.
So the Daytona went out again, and around 2 hours later, the other Axle broke in the same place, in the same way! In it comes, and we replaced that one also. This one did less damage, so we were much quicker on that side.
So off we went with 2 new axles.

In the mean time, there was some damage on the front spoiler of the Viper, who was otherwise right up there with the lead of the class. We came in and performed a fast repair, trying to lose as little time as possible. In hindsight, this was probably the main mistake. By not fixing it completely, the car then damaged the spoiler mounts on the body to the point that when we tried to replace it with the spares, there was nothing on the body to mount the spoiler to safely.
The Viper drivers tried to keep racing without the spoiler, but the car was so light in the front end that it was too dangerous to continue. The viper was therefore parked for the 2nd part of the day.

The Daytona had just kept trucking around, when I heard a noise over the top of the mountain. I drove an extra lap, but then realised that whatever the noise was, it was bad. Bringing the car into the pits, it was clear that the diff had failed.

The Guys all jumped into this repair, quickly replacing the diff with the new item, giving us 2 hours to the finish.
Rhys and Myself then set off to finish the race in the best way we could, trying to run down the damaged marc cars to try to get onto the Class I 2 podium (we were in 5th when we started the chase, and ended up in 3rd)
We decided to get the Viper out to be classified as a finisher, and to perform a formation lap of the tow Daytona sportscars cars, and a side by side finish, but it was not to be. The accident at the top of the mountain ended the race early for all of us.
In all a rather unsatisfying result for the team.

We certainly can’t be accused of giving up ever, but we just need to bring stronger cars to this difficult race.
In the end, both cars topped 300km/h down conrod, and the viper set the fastest sector 3 in the entire race. The 2nd and 3rd in our respective classes, we will take, but we really wanted more, and hope to learn from this and put on a much better show next year.

Thanks to everyone at Shakedown Forum for their support, and we hope that you enjoyed working with us.
Last Edit: 07 Feb 2018 17:08 by cossie55.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, jdyort, Mosport Fan, Pierre, Dazza, kiwikid_1

More
08 Feb 2018 11:36 - 08 Feb 2018 11:39 #10788 by GeeEmm
GeeEmm replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
Thanks Cossie!

Cuppala piccies ...

ETA: Full size photos of the above and others are available for downloading from my photo website - PM me for the linky
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2018 11:39 by GeeEmm. Reason: Update
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, Richo, Mosport Fan, Pierre

More
08 Feb 2018 12:46 #10789 by Pierre
Thanks for the great post-race report Jamie. It was a real rollercoaster following the Facebook page, seeing the repair works happening, then finally seeing them scream down Conrod again. From my perspective at the time, seeing those cars keep coming out and then being there at the end, was the embodiment of the endurance spirit and caused me to feel emotions.

Thanks also to yourself and Richard for the entertaining tour. And the team shirts are killer.

I hope we see both cars back in 2019. The mountain would be poorer without them.
The following user(s) liked this post: maverick, GeeEmm

More
17 Feb 2018 19:05 #10862 by Pierre
Nicely produced video of the Daytona Coupe's 12hr.

www.facebook.com/rhyshowellracing/videos/939966909487480/

More
19 Feb 2018 14:26 - 19 Feb 2018 14:37 #10876 by cossie55
cossie55 replied the topic: Shakedown to sponsor the Daytona Coupe or Dodge Viper at the 2018 B12hr.
In mid 2017, It was decided that Daytona Sportscars would run both of its 12 hour cars in the 2018 Bathurst 12 hour. Both cars needed some preparation work before the event, but essentially, they were both capable of being competitive in the invitational class. To scale up from one car to two cars was going to take some organising. We needed additional crew, tools, spares and drivers.

For the whole story of the 2018 race, download the 2018 12 hour race report from here:

2018 Bathurst 12 hour race report

there is some exciting new news for 2019 at the end of the report!

-Jamie Augustine
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2018 14:37 by cossie55.
The following user(s) liked this post: Pierre, kiwikid_1

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds